Warrior Run Assistance Program (WRAP): Student Assistance Program
The Student Assistance Program (SAP) can help children experiencing barriers to learning.
What Is SAP?
- A SAP team made up of school and agency staff is available to help you access school and community services for your child.
- In Pennsylvania, every school district is required to have a plan for identifying and assisting students who experience barriers to learning. Our school’s Student Assistance Program team name is the Warrior Run Assistance Program.
- The WRAP team will help you find services and assistance within the school, and if needed, in the community. We do not diagnose, treat, or refer your child for treatment. We will provide you with information and you make the choice(s) that best fit your needs and wishes. As the parent/guardian you are an important part of the team.
Do You See Your Child Showing Any of These Behaviors?
- Withdrawing from family, friends, and/or activities
- Changing friends
- Unexplained physical injuries
- Feeling sad
- Talking about suicide
- Defying authority, both at home and school
- Acting aggressively
- Needing money without a good explanation
- Declining grades
- Experimenting with alcohol or drugs
Are You Concerned about Your Child’s Reaction to...?
- Recent death of a loved one
- Divorce of parents
- Family relocation
- A relationship problem
- Other traumatic event
How Does My Child Become Involved in the SAP Program?
Anyone can refer a child to the WRAP team. Some students are referred by teachers or other school personnel. A friend or family member can also let the WRAP team know that they are worried about someone. The child can even go directly to the WRAP team to ask for help. Schools will gather information to determine how a student is doing in their classes. However, the SAP team will not proceed unless you give your written parent permission. Once permission is received, the WRAP team will work with you to develop a plan of action to help your child achieve success in school. Participation in the program is voluntary.
How Do I Contact the WRAP Team?
If you have any questions about SAP or you feel that your child may need help, call your child’s school counselor
How Do I Make a Referral to the WRAP Team?
Referrals can be made by contacting any member of the WRAP team or by completing the Online WRAP Referral Form.